Learning Support Assistant
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
£14,101 – £15,234 plus £1,040 pro rata (£16,623 – £17,958 plus £1,227 pa FTE)
Full Time, Term Time Only (39 weeks per year)
Southborough, Kent TN4 0RJ
Meadows School is a successful non-maintained residential and day special school (7-16) and off-site unit 16+ unit (16-19) run by Barnardo’s, providing education for pupils with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties; Autistic Spectrum Conditions, Speech and Language difficulties and associated learning difficulties.
It is imperative that you have the passion for making a difference to the education and lives of the young people within the school and in building positive and supportive relationships. You should be a team player, resilient and motivated by challenge and have the ability to think creatively. You will need to be willing to work to Barnardo’s Basis and Values.
We require a Learning Support Assistant who can:
- Support teaching and learning across the school
- Support the curriculum across the school
- Relate well to children and adults
And who has:
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a classroom setting
- Experience of working/or willingness to work with young people with challenging behaviours
- A flexible approach combined with patience, tolerance and stamina and humour
- A willingness to undertake further training
For further information and to apply, please click on the apply button to be redirected
Closing date: 19 May 2017.
Interview date: w/c 22 May 2017.
At Barnardo’s we believe in children. Our purpose is to transform the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children and our vision is to realise Thomas Barnardo’s dream of a world where no child is turned away from the help that they need. Barnardo’s Registered Charity Nos 216250 and SC037605.