Education Manager - HMP/YOI Drake Hall
Milton Keynes College is working in partnership with HMP/YOI Drake Hall to put education at the heart of the prison system.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Education Manager to join our Offender Learning team at HMP/YOI Drake Hall. As Education Manager, you will support the growth of the department, lead standards, drive team performance, focus on relationship management with key stakeholders and set the direction of the department.
The successful candidate will inspire and challenge staff creating a dynamic culture of innovation and outstanding learning, teaching and student success. Lead the Department in raising standards through the rigorous implementation of target setting, continuous performance management and quality improvement.
You will demonstrate clear, decisive and enterprising leadership in the effective and efficient management of all aspects of the Department's work, and take forward the work of the Department ensuring its long-term sustainability through the development of new products and services, which meet the needs of students and key stakeholders.
Milton Keynes College: Rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Able to apply for an NUS Extra Card and Blue lights card, offering a wide range of High Street Discounts
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Access to 'JUICE' the employees' health and wellbeing platform
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributions towards Eye Tests for Visual Display users
- Plus, many more
HMP/YOI Drake Hall is a closed female prison, taking female offenders from all Categories from aged 18. HMP Drake Hall has a prisoner role of 361. The Education department works in close partnership with HMP Drake Hall to enable learners to become functionally literate, highly skilled, confident and employable through a natural acquisition of learning, delivered through an embedded whole organisational approach and working in partnership with all stakeholders.
The curriculum is designed taking into account both the needs of the prisoner and the local employment needs.
It is our vision to be an outstanding provision of offender learning. The majority of our learners have been let down by the education system, and are now returning to giving it a second chance.
As a successful candidate you will:
- Have proven teaching and/or relevant commercial experience.
- Have proven experience of managing teams in a challenging environment, effectively managing tensions as they arise.
- Hold a teaching qualification and ideally Assessor/Verifier awards.
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification.
- Have well developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience of effectively implementing and managing quality improvement processes.
- Display energy, drive and an entrepreneurial attitude to work.
- Have considerable curriculum development experience and be able to articulate an attractive curriculum vision.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered
Location: HMP/YOI Drake Hall
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: GBP33,235 - GBP38,686 per annum
Closing date: 18th September
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, - 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education.
In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.